Full Service Art Creation and Design - Our Process
Our ultimate goal at Karen Laine Photography is to help you decorate your home with meaningful art from your session that will bring you years of joy, reminding you each and every day of the very best parts of your life. We believe this happens best through big, stunningly beautiful pieces hanging over your anchor furniture, in family and personal spaces, greeting guests, and accenting stair cases. In other words, every space that you view as you live in and share your home with others. We believe that you will be more fully connected with the good in your life and in yourself through this daily celebration. Your home will feel more like you and more like home.
We know that you will fall in love with every photo from your session. While we encourage you to think in terms of quality over quantity when designing your wall art, we know you will absolutely fall in love with all the photos from your session. To satisfy your desire to relive every bit of it, we also offer beautiful custom albums to adorn your coffee and accent tables and have your full story at your finger tips.
We also realize that every household is different, so we include custom consultations along the process to help you determine the best solutions for you. Taking into account design and finish, how you live in your space, use and placement of pieces, the content of the art, occasion, and budget, our design team will create the perfect custom solutions. We do this through the process outlined below. We are convinced that splurging on something so meaningful will be one of your most enjoyed expenses for years to come. All art comes with our signature service, and Lifetime Limited Guarantee. Payment plans are available.
- Planning your art begins from our very first phone call when we discuss a bit about who you are and the basic style of your home. We will begin the session styling and planning process based on this call, to complement your personality, aesthetic and personal “story”.
- Once you book your session, we’ll schedule your session styling, wardrobe and art consultation(s). We will discuss not only the look of your session and what you’ll wear, but also take a look at the walls and furnishings where your art will hang and the textures, finishes, and colors of the home to refine a design concept that will both coordinate with your space, but bring it fresh energy. This consultation is best done in home, but can also be scheduled through a FaceTime or Zoom appointment on your mobile device. At your consultation, you’ll also receive our product guide book to keep and refer to and prepare for your session. After this appointment, we’ll get busy putting together our recommendations and designs for your space.
- At your ordering appointment in our downtown McKinney, Tx studio following your session, your design consultant will present the recommended arrangements, products, and finishes to complete the design of your custom artwork and albums. We will finalize your selections at this time and take payment for your order, which will immediately go into editing and production. If you choose a payment plan at that time, you’ll make your initial payment and your order will be held until payments are complete.
- After your order is placed, it will be expertly retouched and sent to our framers, printers, and bookmakers for final production. Pieces typically take 2-4 weeks to arrive.
- All order components are delivered together either by pick up in studio or through our concierge delivery schedule for larger pieces. Out of town clients may have their orders delivered by drop ship service at a small additional cost.